Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekend #1

Just finishing my first weekend in Tokyo, and it was really intense. Not because I went clubbing, gambling, drinking or in pursuit of any "normal" weekend activity for the local folk, but because renting a cell phone, buying a coffee in Shibuya, and (trying) to cook my first meal proved to be all I could handle (lol!) And in that order, here are some images of:

Akihabara (electronics district)...








..inside a StarBucks in Shibuya (world's busiest crosswalk)..








..and an unknown type of fish that met a horrible end in my frying pan.

Actually, I only bought the fish because I wandered into a fishery and there were two old ladies who were so polite and kind that I felt obligated to buy something! It didn't turn out so good, luckily I bought a loaf of bread to tide me over.


Day #1 of work starts tomorrow and will be "corporate training" day (before I'm assigned to my research group) so I don't know what to expect! More to come...

3 comments:

  1. The city looks amazing! And so does the fish:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That all looks so overwhelming! And...the fish...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's the weather? How's the subway? I can't WAIT to come visit you.... xx

    ReplyDelete